Nokia 5233 s60 v5

All discussions regarding Nokia phones on Symbian and Mac go here...
darasingh

Nokia 5233 s60 v5

Post by darasingh »

hi all
Bought a nokia 5233 2 months back..sadly its price reduced by couple of thousands in this period...neways thats the price one has to pay for being a early-bird i guess... :D

Coming to the phone,great phone for the price it is coming ..includes gps ovi maps which apart from regular gps features includes events,burrp(this ones for u param :-) ) and a lonely planet too..tried it with my airtel connection and all features work kickass..and it also updates the events history everyday...was not greatly impressed by the ovi store and the support it has for a big touchscreen phone which this is...it has games for other s60 v5 models but on this one ,they have nt resized them to its screen size...being a avid gamer i was disappointed...

for social networking it has a hi5,facebook,friendster,myspace widgets....a youtube widget too,it works quite ok with my edge speed but sadly the image is too pixelated to enjoy...one can also download a twitter widget called STEW from http://tinyurl.com/cjztod..its a neat application...

recently nokia hosted the service nokia app wizard where one can create applications for the store and the service is free...seems interesting ..yet to try..link http://appwizard.ovi.com/web_nokia/signIn.jsp

Camere 2mp is a bit disappointing , no night mode ;-)..images are ok too..great thing ,memory is expandable to 16gb...

about fm radio ,sadly not very clear signal ,keeps cutting...speaker quality not so good ,its mono...best thing from the headphone out is, we can give a line out too...yet to try it..

also its got a normal stylus alongwith a guitar plectrum kinda stylus which hangs on a rubberstring..pretty handy this one is...

all in all a nice phone for the price it comes for...pretty happy with it..if u need a touchphone which is decently priced and has quite a few features..this is the one...go and fetch it .....cheers and keep rocking...

peerbaba27

Re: Nokia 5233 s60 v5

Post by peerbaba27 »

excellent review, Dara. Didnt know the phone was S60!

Does it have WLAN? GPS?

peerbaba27

Re: Nokia 5233 s60 v5

Post by peerbaba27 »

am keen on trying a 5233 myself. Also something android based?
Attachments
5233.png
5233.png (166.33 KiB) Viewed 13468 times